Saturday, June 06, 2009

This past week I had a conversation with Andrew about his dream to run an accounting & bookkeeping business. I've had an 3-course sitting in my computer for a very long time, just collecting dust (metaphorically speaking, of course). While we were talking I wondered again why I wasn't sharing this information with more people. I didn't know this, but Andrew used to be an artist and ran a small business until he was married & started a family. Now he works in a very responsible job, working 9-5 in a downtown accounting firm. He told me how he misses the flexibility of setting his own hours, and really wishes he could volunteer at his oldest boys school this fall, when he goes to kindergarten. Yeah! He has 2 little boys at home right now.

He's being a responsible Dad! I commend that! But what if he could build a business quickly and solidly? What if he could create that flexible schedule so that he could be there for his son this autumn. If you're working in a bookkeeper capacity right now, or you've taken an accounting or bookkeeping diploma - maybe it's time to look at the 6 week e-course I'm offering this summer.

The ExtraOrdinary Bookkeeper!

No comments: